Unlike most, am moving from from git version controlling to svn. No, am not moving! am making myself adaptive to svn as well.
I see mediawiki and wordpress are using svn, and it was unusually funny to read wordpress’s expression of How they moved on to modern svn system from older CVS. I couldn’t help,thinking “Poor guys, still they haven’t heard of github” Yet they have a github repo which updates every 30 minutes or so. Intelligent guys.I need to find out if I can also use github for making my contributions.
Am Honest enough, Have no idea which one is better, but I may want to stamp github as easy and clean.
With github no confusions-We
- Fork a repo-clone it to our local machine
- Make changes-Commit it
- Push it and open a pull request
- Sit back and sip my pepsi
- Create a repo
- Checkout a repo from software’s native svn site or whatever(I seriously don’t know if any central hubs like github exists for svn.Maybe?)
- Make my chnges-Commit it
- Create a patch file or diff file(Still dont know whether they work the same way or completely different,Aaaaaarrggg have to try working with them more!)
- Submit the patch file by uploading it.This is the worst part!Upload!
We dont have our private remote workspace as in github.That sucks.Gonna miss you.
Lets watchout for more.